Saturday, April 14, 2007

Heeeeere's the Queeeeeers! but not really

I need to remember to plan ahead, my inability to commit cost me an opportunity to see a really great band last night...but it wasn't just my inability to commit. Monday I asked my one friend in the area who likes punk too if he wanted to see the Queers on friday night, he said (and I quote, but recall this is Monday) "dude, I'll have to see, this week has been pretty rough, I'll call you thursday."

Whatever. Thursday comes and goes, Friday morning and afternoon comes and goes, no call. So I'm not planning on going by myself (my classic rock-loving husband offers to go with me, but it was like offering to give his last pint of blood). Then at 10:30 last night I was like "screw it, I'm going." So I venture downtown, only to be greeted at the door with "They're sold out"

Damn! Meanwhile underage young'uns who have never even heard of the young ones and couldn't possibly appreciate punk are bouncing in and out to smoke their fags (the venue is great for prohibiting smoking), Grrrrrrr!

But the music trickled to the street, so I hung out getting a contact buzz from the dang cigarette smoke, chatting with the punksters (saw an old, old friend, too), and dancing to the Queers. Almost as good as being inside...not really.

Moral: Don't wait for friends, just buy your ticket.

No comments: